This is the way it looks at Meme's House today.
I'm enjoying the bit of chill and looking out my windows.....
at the misty clouds hovering low on the hills,
the wisps of those clouds that float gently up into the sky
and the touches of fall color in the trees.
As I was sitting at my desk I looked out on the slope of red dirt and saw something bright green attempting to crawl up the slope. It looked like a big, fat inch worm. It would inch up the slope, then roll back down about 3 or 4 inches and then try again. Wanting to see what it was I grabbed my camera, slid on my shoes and attempted to hurry outside. I move so slow now that by the time I got out there it appeared to be gone. Wait! Is that a little spot of bright green on that dead leaf laying on the slope? I turned it over and there he was!
A little shake of the leaf dropped him back on the ground. I hoped to make him stretch out and inch away. He was about 3 inches long and I wanted you to see that! But he just layed there...kind of shivering in fear.
He was a wee bit gross though.
I had just got back inside and sat down at my computer to load his picture when Uncle J came to visit. With Lella. Doesn't she almost match the dirt?
A bit later I was still sitting at my computer when I had another visitor. A red-tailed hawk swooped down right past my window
![]() |
| picture from google images |
and sat on the slope that Girlies like to slide down.
![]() |
| picture from google images |
I was pretty excited and fumbled for my camera but he flew away just as I got it. I had to borrow this picture. I think he lives near us because I see him real often but he always leaves before I can get the camera out! Maybe he is shy.
Hey Girlies, only about 9 more days!









No comments:
Post a Comment