Sunday, April 25, 2010

GrandGirlies Visit the House on the Hill

Last Sunday was a fabulous day.  My GrandGirlies came to visit.  They let their mama and daddy bring them so I got to see my girl and her guy too.  I very promptly forgot the frustrations of UhOh Friday and Saturated Saturday.  I'm pretty good at that.  A reverse Scarlet Ohara's "Fiddle dee dee......I'll think about that tomorrow."

This was their first visit to the House on the Hill and they were very excited to see it.  We had to hike up the Hill because as you know, it rained.  On Saturday.  Oh, fiddle dee dee.  We got up to the House before it dawned on me that in all the hustle and bustle of getting 3 Girlies into mudder clothes to hike up the Hill I forgot my camera!  So no pictures of the first visit.  They loved the house and especially their room.  GrandGirlie#2 or as she is sometimes known around here, Little Frances, (Frances called her that too) promptly started telling me what to do with it.


She thought their room should be pink but when I showed her what I was going to use in there she said it should be green or maybe blue.  I miss the days when she said "geen" as in "I wike geen, MeMe." They wandered into every room and had to examine every closet and nook while their mama and I discussed paint, colors and fabric.

After they were through touring the house we walked back down the Hill and packed the chicken picnic lunch that they had so sweetly stopped in town for.  We drove back up the Hill.  I decided the road was dry enough to drive back up with all our picnic fixins and we were tired of climbing that Hill.  We piled all the food on the kitchen island and spread out a big blanket in Papa's room.  Why?  Because that is where the Girlies wanted to eat.


Baby Girlie had a wonderful time walking around poaching off of her sister's plates and occasionally stepping in them.  Then laughing.



This one is growing up so fast it takes my breath away and she talks all the time. Remember when she didn't and I worried so.




I kept trying to take a cute picture of the 3 of them but Baby Girlie did not think it was fun to hold still.  Also I did not notice that I had my camera set on landscape until I uploaded the pics so forgive the grainy quality.



After we ate, we spent about an hour playing the fascinating game of Climb on Packed Boxes.  I'm still trying to figure out why it was so fascinating.  But it was awfully cute and you know kids and boxes............




She did this all by herself and then stood up, got scared and cried.  Mama saved her.



We decided to divert their attention by bringing out markers and paper. Always a hit and this was too cute.



Tiring of the boxes and markers GrandGirlies#1 & 2 went outside to play.  Remember red mud.  My Girl, Baby Girlie and I stayed inside to talk about paint, colors and fabric some more.  Love that Girl.  We started hearing absolute squeals of delight from outside so had to go check and discovered this.



Who needs playground equipment when you've got boxes and a red dirt bank.




Looking good Girlies,


but this is how their mother looked.



GrandGirlie#1 noticed the wonderful light on the hills.
 



Look! She spotted Uncle J coming up the Hill and they are off.

I hope he is always their special guy.


At the end of the first visit to the House on the Hill we had a tired Baby Girlie


and two very dirty, but very happy big Girlies.



As far as my productivity for getting any work done on the House on the Hill when Girlies are around?  It's Absolutely Zero.  As it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment