Thursday, October 13, 2011

Have You Noticed?

That I seem to be back to my normal self.  If there is such a thing.

Remember I began my childhood in the 50's and thus began my lifetime of reading and writing with this family.


I have not been posting as much because.....

See.

See the fat foot.
 

See the surgical scar.


See the being stupid scar.


It's a beauty, right?  Okay, I know it's still a bit gross looking.  But  you should have seen this thing when it was called a wound.  A wound about an inch wide by about 2 about inches long!  It was really, really gross.  Now it's just yugly.  And it only took 6 months to be able to call it a scar instead of a wound! 

But then I woke up one Saturday morning and it was October.  (By the way, just where did September go?)  And miraculously the foot wasn't so fat anymore.  It's almost the size it used to be.  I am very serious.  I literally went to bed one night with the fat foot and woke up the next morning with the skinny foot. It was really kind of weird. (Carlye, if you read this I used the word literally just for you.  Without the use of  The Oatmeal. :)

See the not so fat foot.



If you look at the stupid scar picture above, you can actually see the shape of my bone. The decrease in swelling has made it much easier to sit for longer periods with my foot down instead of propped.  The decrease in swelling has also made it much easier to walk. YEAH!!!!  Insert happy dance here.

Yes, I am really that elated.  I am that elated because if you look at the 2 pictures above you can see where my scar begins and ends.  I ripped my foot half way off.  Seriously.  You can also see the divot that I now have at the inner ankle where I lost a big chunk of soft tissue.  What you can't see is that the tibia broke at an acute angle forming two spear like points.   My orthopedic surgeon said those 2 points sliced and diced right through the connective tissue and skin forming that beauteous wound.  Immediately after surgery that same surgeon gave Rae a prognosis of  "she may never walk again or almost no chance to walk unaided."  That same doctor cheered for me when I walked down the hall towards him at my last visit.  Cheers for Dr. S, I owe him a tremendous thanks!

So every time I walk across the room with no cane, crutch or walker I am filled with joy.  AND when I took the Rainy Day pictures I actuallly took a short walk into the woods on the fire road.  (k, are you at work? If your are quit jumping up and down.  Now.  It's so unprofessional.)

I do walk a bit diferently now and with a limp.  But I am more than okay with that  because I walk!  My driving goal has been to be able to hike the logging road with my Girlies again.

I may just make it. Things are starting to move at the House on the Hill!   

No comments:

Post a Comment