No, I haven't been losing myself on Pinterest all this time.
This is the newest time thief in my life, my garden.
The pepper bed with
buttercrunch lettuce,
some romaine,
red leaf lettuce and basil.
The empty squares aren't really empty. They have itty bitty plants coming up all over.
My first ever broccoli
that sits in the middle of the cabbage bed.
This is my little pea cage,
it has to be protected from the critters that visit in the night. I
made the little trellis for the peas to climb on out of sticks retrieved from the woodpiles left after clearing the nearby woods a bit.
J used the same sticks to make me garden markers. I showed him this Pin. He went home and came back later with these.
Pleasant surprise for me. I must say they are awesome and perfect for our woodsy garden!
Last year M built this pair of arbors for our upside down tomatoes. I want to make burlap covers for the buckets. But it is not a priority right now, maybe when it's a 105 degrees outside and I want to be inside! The arbors sit at the top of the garden
and the beds terrace down the slope. This is the view from my garden top!
You may look at these photos and see the beginnings of a garden. I look at them and see how much my husband loves me. At the beginning of March, the garden area looked like this.
It was a mess. He dug out where the beds would be placed, built the beds and then filled them with the rich dirt from our forest. Since the above photos of the 2 beds were taken M has one more bed in place and one more
ready to be assembled. He wants to get at least 6 of the 4'x8' beds in this year
One of the results of the Evil Ladder Incident is that I can no longer squat or kneel. Just try to work a regular on the ground garden without kneeling or squatting! So, M built the beds extra tall with a ledge all around them so that I can sit on them to work.
He also packed clay around the beds for a firm almost level walking surface with no holes, rocks, roots etc. He gave me back my garden!
I'm choosing to believe that he did all of this because he loves me so much. And I am totally ignoring the little voice that keeps trying to tell me that "he would have had to do the gardening otherwise!"
Every morning I head out and check my plants and then end up just puttering while I enjoy the early morning sunshine and sounds. Time just slips away and it's hard to come back inside!















Those are absolutely awesome!!! I need to show them to Tom:) Glad that you are getting wonderful therapy playing in the dirt:)
ReplyDelete