Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter

We had a marvelous Easter!  M and I drove to Rae and Nate's late Saturday afternoon arriving in time to have an evening meal on the front lawn and then to put the Grands to bed so the Easter Bunny would come. We awoke to a beautiful sunshiny day and the 2 big little GrandGirlies excitedly going through their Easter baskets while the Little Guy just hung around in his favorite spot taking it all in. 


I really should say bounced around because he will not sit still when he's in his Bouncy!  Mama finally had to wake the Littlest Girlie so she wouldn't miss everything.


Easter finery


was donned and an Easter Egg Hunt was held on the front lawn.  Mama decreed that this year the eggs would be found by colors so that Littlest Girlie had a chance to find some.


Hers were pink and purple and she was so delighted to find them. "Poopol" is her favorite color right now.  Middle Girlie's were blue and green and she was fast. But I can still hear the echo of her little voice seriously saying "I wike geen, Meme."


Oldest Girlie's eggs were orange and yellow and she didn't give up until she found them all too.  And of course that made me think of when she was the only GrandGirlie with all her bouncing curls solemnly declaring our tractor was big and "awunch."


After the Easter egg hunt we all went to Mass at their new church. The older  two now follow along, offering responses, singing and saying the prayers. M and I felt so blessed to be sitting there witnessing our baby girl's little girls joining in like that.  Life coming full circle and what joy that brings!

My plans were to take a prodigious amount of photos of the day so I could share them here.   Alas when my Grands are with me everything goes out of this gray head but enjoying them.  So the above pictures are the only ones I took.  Pretty sad, right?

I had wanted to make all of their Easter outfits but due to them getting sick and my having to stay away when they are we were not able to get together to purchase fabric and patterns.  Rae had ordered some from Zulily several weeks back but was notified when I was there a week or so ago that the order was canceled.  So the next day we piled in the car and went shopping to buy the Girlies dresses and fabric for the Little Guy.  So I did get to make his first Easter outfit.


I loved the way it turned out and you would know how adorable it looked on him if I had remembered to take any pictures.  Rae did get quite a few pictures (the camera seems to be a natural appendage to my girl)  but her computer is having issues right now so we don't know when she will get to download them.  But I promise I will write a post on my Little Guy in his adorable bubble suit when we get them.

When we were on the way home from our Easter dress shopping event Rae said something about wearing their dresses to church and Rosie was confused and wanted to know why they were wearing them to church.  Then I was confused.  Aren't Easter dresses for church?  Rae laughed and reminded me that when they lived in north Alabama their church had sunrise services up on Monte Sano and they sat on blankets dressed in sweatshirts and jeans because it was cold and dark.  So they put their Easter dresses on for pictures when they got home and then had the Easter egg hunt.   She thought that all Easter services were held at sunrise in the natural glory of our Lord's beautiful world!  I have to admit I think that would be lovely too.

Hope y'all had a marvelous and glorious Easter!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome Easter!!! Miss all of them so much:) Am getting something together for Ms. Evie's 1st Communion...time is flying by much too fast!

    ReplyDelete