So much happened in our world at the end of the old year and the beginning of the new that time has flown by. Very important stuff happened. Like being there to welcome this gorgeous Little Guy into the world
and then spending as much time as possible with him.
And enjoying every minute of his sweetness and smiles! Get the camera out though and this is how he reacts.
Every time! His wiggly little body stills and he just stares in wide eyed disbelief.
Other very important stuff. Like making sure these beautiful blessings are safe and sound.
After the Little Guy arrived in November, due to a rental house with a leaking roof, bad plumbing, faulty wiring and a landlord that didn't care, his Mama and Daddy had to move again. That is 2 moves in less than 6 months! So I spent a lot of time at the bad house helping them pack and get ready for the move to the wonderful house. More about that another time.
The moving truck and crew pulled up 2 days before Christmas. What? Everybody doesn't move 2 days before Christmas? I mean you did get that faulty wiring didn't you. As in flames shooting out of an outlet faulty! So we packed the tree, decorations and the gifts in our vehicles and most of Christmas was in place before the movers unloaded!
In the midst of all of the moving and new babying the second week of December I took off to Texas for a week long visit with my siblings. Very important stuff.
We even got to have a short cousins reunion at Mother's favorite Mexican restaurant and celebrated a couple of birthdays that happen on the same day. We all knew she would have loved it!
Here I am, prednisone moon face and all - they wouldn't let me hide from the pictures!
A short visit with Mother's only remaining sister was a bit emotional for us all
![]() |
| Why didn't I get on the other side of her, just for my memories?! |
and lots more time with these lovely cousins. These are 2 sisters that kind of match me and my sister. And one fabulous and beautiful daughter, a gorgeous granddaughter.
and a so cute and funny grandson.
Back home again I've been back and forth to Rae's helping her get the new place in order. I get to drive myself now. Around the end of November I finally got to quit doing wound care. So all I have now is a not so pretty scar and a bit of a limp.
I've spent most of my time lately helping my house to recover from my being able to do almost nothing. I think I am as back to normal as I will ever be. I still walk slow and a bit unsteady but that's okay. AND I am again climbing on ladders. Short ones with a bar to hold onto. You know, the step stool kind. But you can hang pictures and shelves from them AND you can paint off of them. At least most of the wall. The touch up at the top of the wall will have to wait for someone that will climb the evil ladder.
About the mentioned technical difficulties. For Christmas, I received one of these from Rae and family..
I love it. It is much easier to use and it takes wonderful pictures. So much clearer and brighter. However, all of these pictures were borrowed from other sites because we have had some difficulty getting it to communicate with my computer. Actually it's my computer that would not talk to my new little pink lady. Or to anything or anyone else. To be honest, my computer had been having some issues (TJ used that word just for you) for awhile and to make a long story short it very sadly has passed onto wherever computers go when they are finally silenced. M tells me that he may be able to recover some of my files from the hard drive but he's not promising anything,. So I am without a computer and having to use M's and he is not too willing to let my camera talk to his computer. I have no idea when I will be able to get a computer willing to talk to my little pink lady but when I do, I have some things I really want to share.
And I've really been missing sending my thoughts out into.............wherever it is they go!














I love these writings ! They make me feel so much more connectected to you and what is happening in your life. Thank you ♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteThank you sweet cousin. I wish every one of my family would start a blog!
ReplyDelete