repartee - rep·ar·tee (r p r-t , -t , -är-). n. 1. A swift, witty reply. 2. Conversation marked by the exchange of witty retorts.
I'm so excited! Why you ask? Because I spent Saturday impressing others with my brilliant conversational skills and my stunning wardrobe at a lavish affair and I can't wait to tell you about it.
![]() |
| image from google |
M sat down with her Saturday before I even got out of bed. Hours before I got out of bed. Of course, this is a common occurrence at our house. When I finally got up at
In self defense, I insisted the conversation be accompanied by caffeine laden beverages.
![]() |
image from google
No not mine, these are prettier than mine. |
Me: Ahuh. (while pouring a glass of caffeine laden beverage)
Him: Now I realize that there is no one to compare to you about the amount of stuff that can be packed in an automobile to go on a trip or pack a box for a move so that there is not one square inch of space left. But....
Me: Ahuh (heading for a chair with my caffeine laden beverage while vaguely thinking "uh my sister? but why?")
Him: you really can't pack or load a computer the same way.
Me: Oh. (swirling the ice around in my caffeine laden beverage while mentally giggling because a picture pops into my still not all the way with it brain of my computer full of little guys kind of like this scurrying around carrying boxes)
![]() |
| image from google |
Me: Ahuh. (muffled through the mouthful of caffeine laden beverage)
Him: You know how our dogs aging compares to our aging right?
Me: Ahuh (briefly forgetting my caffeine laden beverage and thinking "what the heck?" - I think in whole words, not letters and also in pictures like this)
![]() |
| older pet education |
Me: Ahuh. (back to totally enjoying the caffeine laden beverage)
Him: And you know that as our dogs get older we have to treat them with care and not expect as much out of them.
Me: Ahuh. (sipping said caffeine laden beverage while thinking "uh, computer?")
Him: And you know how irritated you get with J when he overloads your washing machine?
Me. Ahuh. (again briefly forgetting my caffeine laden beverage and thinking "first dogs and now washing machines? hello, computer? and another picture forms")
![]() |
| overloading is bad |
Me: Ahuh. (back to enjoying the caffeine laden beverage)
Him: You have more than 10 gigabytes of photos in your files. Really closer to 11.
Me: Oh. (but thinking "well what's the problem I still have 29 left")
Him: Think about packing for a move and realizing that more than 1/4 of your space can not be used because it is filled with boxes of photos.
Me: Ahuh. (imbibing more caffeine laden beverage)
Him. And that the boxes are not all stacked neatly in one corner but are over here and over there and you have to not only pack other stuff around them but you have to move all around them to pack anything.
Me: Oooooh. (a light bulb going on somewhere and totally forgetting the caffeine laden beverage)
Him: I've actually figured out that the only thing wrong with your computer is that there is not enough memory for the operating program to function.
Me: Oh, you mean I tried to put 5 pounds of stuff into a 1 pound can.
Him: Well maybe 5 pounds into a 4.5 pound can, but you get the idea.
Me: Ahuh.
See how well I repartee.
The result of this was that I spent a large part of Saturday afternoon sitting in front of M's computer while my computer slaved to it. Deleting a bunch of junk pictures. Over 4gb. I so know what I am talking about.
Oh and that bit about the lavish wardrobe? I spent the whole day in my pjs.
disclaimer: all or part of this conversation may have been embellished somewhat or a lot, modified slightly or a bunch or softened around the edges a bit or more. except for my repartee, that's word for word. just sayin.





Did I not mention to you that I'm sick - and that I have been coughing and sneezing a lot - and that any time I laugh it cause great pain in my ribs - so STOP it!
ReplyDeleteMe: Ahuh (while thinking about the next caffeine laden beverage and that's all I can do is think because I am totally out!)
ReplyDeleteBut you did recognize the type of conversation, right? I know Rae would.