Here is a peek at my kitchen cabinets K painted while she was here taking care of me the week after I fell, but just the bottom ones.
This is the hardware we put on them
and the drawer pulls still waiting to be put on.
The top cabinets are a creamy white and as you can tell the bottom ones are black. I love the way the way they turned out and when all the doors get put back on I will share the whole thing. It will happen someday. I know it will.
Here is a peek at the walls and the window treatment I made to go on the big windows in the room. From canvas dropcloths. The fabric is awesome looking and they were so inexpensive and so easy! K also painted the walls while she was here. I had spent a small fortune on the paint the week before I fell and had planned on doing the painting those next few weeks. I had already started my laundry room (more about that at another time). If K hadn't done all that painting I'd still be looking at all those expensive paint cans!
I really liked the idea of a dark, bold color for the walls but was a bit leary to try it. Rae encouraged me to go for it. I am so glad I did because I love it! Though the idea of brown walls with black and white cabinets may seem a bit unusual, I love it. The room is so big and so full of light that it more than balances the dark colors. I can't wait to get the trim up and my furniture slipcovered so I can see if I still love it. Hope so cause I can guarantee you I WILL NOT be getting up on any ladder to repaint for a long time!
My Rosie turned 6 in May! Her Daddy could not be home with them (more about this later) for the big day so she decided she wanted to spend the day with Meme and Papa instead. Rae and the GrandGirlies came on Monday and stayed until Thursday and it was awesome! Needless to say I was in Heaven. Here's all 3 Girlies on the big day.
Rosie's Daddy could not be home because he had started a new job. Yes, my Girlies have had to move. Again. They moved back east and more north. So now when I visit, I drive NorthEast and to another state!
Of course, I don't get to drive yet but I have been driven there once. To help unpack and to see the house that my Girlies will be living in for awhile. We really enjoyed the deck on the back. And the funny lollipops we found at a discount store.
I try very hard not to think about the fact that it now takes 2 hours longer to get to them. Or the price of gas to get there. I feel lucky that I can still drive there in just a morning.....when my leg is well enough for me to travel alone that is.
Since I mentioned the leg.....it is now week
I can walk on my own 2 feet now!
Okay, so maybe with just a bit of a limp. Or maybe just a little bit more than a bit. And maybe just for short distances. I'm just fine with that cause life is gradually getting back to the way it should be on my Hill. Sort of.
No comments:
Post a Comment