Friday, October 28, 2011

It's Really Not

Fall is my favorite time of year.

It comes so much slower here than it does back at the Illinois home.  Colors start creeping gently into the hills.
 

The days are such a wonderful change from the Alabama summer heat.


Crisp, cool mornings


and warm, sunny afternoons


lead into down right chilly evenings.  Sweatshirts and snuggles evenings.


Would you believe me if I told you this post is not really about fall, its temperature changes or its colors?

 
It's really not.  But before I get to what it is about, just take another look at one of the colors of my fall.


Maybe another one or two.


I love the wild flowers of fall too.


Joe Pye is one of my favorites and it's gorgeous in the middle of all the goldenrod.


However this post isn't really about fall or wild flowers.  I'm serious, it's really not.  It's not about how pretty the leaves are.


Or what an absolutely gorgeous backdrop the vivid blue autumn sky makes for those pretty leaves. 


Or how I am so glad to see the fall colors up on Gobbler's Goblin's Ridge instead of brown, burned spots.


No, it's really not about any of those things.

It's really about  my little sweetheart Chloe


trotting down the logging road that runs through the woods behind the House on the Hill.


Sticking close to my side as she always does.  Yes, right by my side in the woods. You see, this post is really about me being able to take a real but slow and meandering walk through my woods again.  And getting to share with you what I saw on that walk.






No comments:

Post a Comment