Even though said life is not exactly going the way I want it to right now. I have to do a LOT more laying down with my foot up in the air than I want to and when I am up and around, I move very slow. That means most of my projects are also going very slow. This is by no means meant to be taken as a complaint. I am very thankful to be up and moving even if it is at roughly the same pace as a tortoise. Oh, who am I kidding, I would definitely lose any race held with a tortoise right now. If it's a walking race. BUT, these are my feet in the parking lot of Dollar General just as they were getting ready to get into the driver's seat!
Yes! I'm driving again! Get out of my way tortoise! Well, around here it would more likely be a terrapin.
or an Alabama Red Bellied Scooter.
Otherwise known as the Alabama Red Bellied Turtle or Pseudemys Alabamensis; the Alabama State Reptile. I seriously thought you needed to know that.
I keep meaning to get a bumper sticker kind of like this.
Because I do. I have even been known to get out of the car and move them off the road. J does too. I really should get one more like this though.
It's a little more accurate.
Slowly, slowly I am getting a few things done. My laundry room is no longer as hideous as it looked in my last post. Just look at the transformation of the wall cabinets and that awkward empty space.
I love the way it turned out! And please ignore the funny white bump up there by Mother's Angry Boy Chicken. M
Remember it did look like this. Big change, right?
Of course if I'm on my feet any longer that 20 minutes or so my ankle puffs up like bread dough rising and then yells at me to be put up in the air. Sometimes I listen, sometimes I don't and sometimes I don't have a choice. But just you know, not much gets done in 20 minute stretches with at least an hour break in between.
M has been working on the outside of the house and is getting way more done than I am. He's building a frame on the bottom of the house from treated lumber and covering it with concrete board at the bottom and the same but new vinyl siding on the walls. It looks awesome, even whithout the shutters! That's the new as yet unpainted door too. And yes, those are the makeshift steps up onto the not yet finished porch. Another project he is working on. Painting the door is mine. But not in 20 minutes.
From the corner and this really shows what he has done. Huge difference!
This is the section he's working on now. Notice a scaffolding...NO ladder. I breathe easier this way.
Remember this is how it looked right after it was moved all the way up The Hill.
The white siding on the house in this picture will be replaced with siding similar to this.
![]() |
| photo from google images |
The color is still unknown since I've sent off for color samples. I'd like to have it the same color but I don't know if that's possible. If not I will have to agonize over the decision of whether to go lighter or darker. The samples will be here soon. I hope.
I love StoryBook Houses and the StoryBook Ranch that developed from them in the 50's. Of course. Remember I am a child of the 60's and that means I was a little girl in the 50's. Those houses were cool!
![]() |
| found on google images |
I'm hoping we can give the exterior of The House on the Hill just a wee bit of the more simpler StoryBook Ranch look by using the shake style siding, putting on different type of shutters and corbels on the porch. Maybe even on the peaks.
M and J have also been doing lots to J's Little Barn House. I'm heading down to help him a bit today. I'll take my camera with me and show you what they've been up to down there in my next post.
Sooner this time I hope.













I'm so glad you are up and moving again! I've missed your posts!
ReplyDelete