We got up early Tuesday morning, too excited to sleep. M headed out early to work and I pretended to work. But, I really watched the clock. I finally gave into the sunshine pouring in the windows and took a walk to look at the signs of spring in our tangled woods. Around 10:30 I ended back up on the porch of the Little Old House to watch the road instead. Just in time too, because here came our House. At least the back half.
They pulled it on down the road all the way past the Little Old House.
and began to back it up the earthen ramp - yep, back it up. I have to admit it was at this point that we wondered if we had lost our minds. I wish I could have caught the look M gave me, it was priceless. On his face was exactly what was in my mind. "Are we nuts?"
Here's M studying the wheels, I guess or maybe just catching the shade. It was already above 80 by this time.
The crew got the House off the road with the truck and stopped.
Then the BIG Yellow Guy was hooked up to it with a special fixture he attached to his bucket. This would probably be a good time to say that M corrected me rather emphatically, this is not a dozer, it is an excavator. oh, okay, whatever...I still want it for Christmas.
Then the BIG Yellow Guy proceeded to push the House up the Hill backwards. Yes, I said push and backwards. I'm going to let you take the trip up the Hill in pictures. I had to walk and.........it's a big Hill.
This was the only place that was a little iffy, and the BIG Yellow Guy fixed it before the front half went up.
Made it to the top of the Hill!
Swinging it around to get it out of the way for the front of the House.
Looks kind of lost all by itself without it's other half doesn't it? This is also a good look at the site that M prepared all by himself. He worked till he dropped and then he got back up and worked some more. He did such an awesome job and it is just what I had imagined. He is just incredible.
I stayed up on the Hill to watch the front half come up, I thought it would be interesting to see it from both angles. Or in other words, why would I really want to walk back down the Hill only to walk right back up it again. It's a big Hill. I was going to sit back and enjoy the sunshine and before I even got my chair in place I heard the front half coming up the Hill. I'll let the journey up the Hill from the top be in photos too.
I took the last 3 pics from that tree to the left of the House. You see it don't you, the one right next to our lovely riding lawn mower and garden shed. That's my big garden site right across the road from the garden shed.
Here it comes into the entryway for the house site, M put a temporary driveway across what will be the front yard of the House on the Hill for access to the site.
It begins its swing to meet up with its other half.
The BIG Yellow Guy pushing and pulling the front half to get it exactly where I wanted it. The crew was wonderful, they wanted the House to be exactly where I wanted it and were determined to get it there for me. This is the only pic I have of this part because I had to put the camera down and get right next to the boss guy who was right next to the moving house. I had watch what was going on pretty close. See that little slit in the plastic? Remember it.
TADA! The House on the Hill just where I wanted it. At least the front half.
Then the Big Yellow Guy wiggled the back half this way,
and that way,
and this way. See how far apart the far end is still?
So he wiggled it that way again,
and this way again.
Until he ended up with them so close I can not walk between them at the far end. Then he had to stop because what you can't see and what I did not get a pic of is that the eaves on the back half of the house are sitting against a tree. So tomorrow the crew will be back with winches to pull the House into place. In the mean time, the Monster Mover Truck is sitting up there spending the night with the House on the Hill.
What the BIG Yellow Guy could do was amazing!

But you know what was even more amazing? What the Man in the Yellow Shirt could do with the BIG Yellow Guy.

Do your remember that slit in the plastic? Well, as soon as the crew took off, I slithered through it and got into the House and M stuck his head in to look - remember he hadn't seen it yet. I took this pic from the front door - so how do you like my view Pop? And sister K, M took one look at the lovely mauve (not)carpet and said "That's terrible, I mean really awful, it has to go!" Happy dance.
The House on the Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment