I was glad it waited that long because M said if it had been like this when we started out we would have stayed home - I would have spent Christmas Day crying. Not kidding at all! By this time though we were only about 45 minutes away so we kept heading North. When we got to the city the roads were getting really bad with some exits starting to close. Remember, we have no snow removal equipment and usually no salt. What we do have are hills, curves, winding roads and a lot of people who do not know how to drive on snowy, icy roads. Put those together and you have DANGEROUS.
There were 3-4 inches on the ground when we got to the Girlies neighborhood and it looked like a Winter Wonderland!
The Girlies had already been out in it
but were back inside waiting for us, rather impatiently. To OPEN PRESENTS!
I think the forest was a hit.
It was opened with big wows from Girlie#2,
with Girlie#1 being almost speechless. However, she went right to work
setting the forest up exactly like she they wanted it.
I had to get down on the floor and play with them. Of course, I really couldn't wait didn't want to but they expected me to sooooooo...........
As for the Birds, the Baby Girlie picked one up, gave me her crinkly nosed grin and said buhd. She knew instantly. Then we had a delightful time with Meme stacking them up and Baby Girlie knocking them down. She was very good at this game.
Meme and Papa's favorite gifts. Girlie Art Work Mugs,
and Girlie Made Snowball Soap.
We had to leave early because of the real snow but it was a wonderful day and a beautiful, blessed White & Slippery Christmas in Dixie!
![]() |
| AU Girls, this is not our plate! |
















So glad that you made it up to see the Girlies, I'm also quite jealous of your snow. We got a lot of snow, but it was big wet snow and none of it stuck. I knew your forest and birds would be a hit and I'm grateful that that license plate wasn't yours. War Eagle and Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteAmy