Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Forest for Christmas

No new posts about getting things done around here because I've been busy working on other things in my almost finished room.  I finally looked at the calendar and decided house things were going to have to wait because Christmas is getting close.   Especially since I'm making most of our Christmas gifts this year.  So this past week I've been having so much fun!  I've been making mountains,




mighty oak trees,



wind swept pines,



rolling landscapes,

















bushes, rocks,

















and really cute mushrooms.



















You put them all together and it makes for a fun forest for the Girlies with their little people, critters and imaginations!















Did I mention how much fun I'm having.  I've been sewing some stuff too.  More fun, but I'll share that later!


Don't you think everybody needs a forest for Christmas? And doesn't everyone need a bandsaw in their foyer?


That's another mountain and rolling landscape waiting for paint.  My shop has no heat and I can't handle that with the temps we are having right now.  The foyer is in a state of construction anyway so I hung a sheet of plastic and M moved the bandsaw in for me.  It's rather sculptural don't you think?  Maybe I should put lights on it, it's vaguely shaped like a Christmas tree! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment