It all started because my bread for the stuffing was not dry enough and I put it in the oven on a low heat to dry.
As I slid the enamel cookie sheet that has been used by my family forever into the oven, I swear the smell of cinnamon came wafting up to mingle with the smell of the toasting bread. Instantly, in my memory's eye I saw a beautiful raven haired, apron clad mother surrounded by a passle of children eagerly awaiting the best cinnamon toast in the world.
Thank you K for bringing it to me. I use it constantly and I think I will have the world's best cinnamon toast for breakfast tomorrow.
We had a quiet day because My Girl, the Other Son and the Girlies are far from us. At their Grandma Juli's over close to the Atlantic shore.
I am grateful they are with her, she does not get to see them often enough. She is such a beautiful person and they need to know that.
We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day in spite of missing family. A day with a big first. Big for us anyway. Yesterday, I reminded J that today was Thanksgiving and asked him to join us for dinner. He, living in his own world in the way that he does was suprised that Thanksgiving was right on top of him
but responded with a very happy "Sure, I'd love to!" Then added, "What can I bring?"
If I had not been driving the car, I would have fallen over.
Quite possibly the best green bean casserole I have ever tasted. Because he made it and brought it. And when it's tasted with a Mother's love, joy and pride, well you know.
He also brought about 2 dozen very tasty cookies that he baked himself. From a mix. Prettily arranged in a basket.
![]() |
| There were Chocolate Chip Cookies too, M got to it before my camera! |
After dinner, he stayed and visited with me for about an hour before he headed home smiling and full of good food.
A truly wonderful Thanksgiving Day!







And now I'm crying.In a good way.
ReplyDeleteK, I knew you would understand.
ReplyDelete