I am lovin' the way my desk is turning out,
it's not done yet. Almost but not quite and I'm in waiting mode again. I could not find a scrap piece of plywood big enough for the top so I had to go buy a top. I bought a 2'x4' piece of MDF and moulding to trim the edge. I spent about $12, not bad for a desk. But, now I have to wait till next Saturday for M to cut the top. aaaccckkk!
In the center I'm going to put a slide out shelf for my keyboard, using the other piece of the sewing cabinet top. Waiting to have it cut too. more ack.
Also going to attempt to make 2 top drawers using the old front piece as their fronts. I actually have a couple of old drawers that need to be cut down. and more ack.
I may attempt to conquer my fear of the table saw, just to save my sanity.
Remember it looked like this
and then like this.
This is what the new side and trim looked like before the painting was finished.
That's bondo filling in where I patched the trim together. With some pride she says, "I did it!" I think I've conquered bondo! Isn't it amazing what paint can do.
One of the best things about getting it this far? It is no longer the centerpiece on the kitchen table that is going to be gone soon! It really left a lot to be desired as a centerpiece. It looks much nicer in Meme's Place.
I tried a new paint, Martha's from the Orange Store. It's fabulous. I got it in an eggshell finish and it gleams like oiled furniture. There must be something in it to level it too because the brush strokes just disappear. I'm buying it again. Maybe for my cabinets.
More excitement for me. The fabric closet. I think I won.
![]() |
| hmm, I need to find the striker for the closet door. wonder where that got put? |







No comments:
Post a Comment