One week later I will admit it. I had a serious case of Mother's Day Blues. My Girl and her family had an event that had been postponed be rescheduled for Mother's Day Weekend. Holidays are just not the same without three giggling GrandGirlies around. Especially a holiday I was already not feeling to good about. So to combat those blues, bright and early Monday morning I threw my suitcase and my Chloe in the car
and headed for the Girlies! These are the first things I saw when I pulled in the driveway.
Made the blues vanish instantly. Of course when I got inside it was even better! I will apologize ahead of time for these photos. I had to crop them so close that they blurred pretty bad. Baby Girlie and Girlie#2 had on 2 of my favorite GrandestChild Clothing Co. skirts! That Baby Girlie could really make that skirt swish too!
They didn't wear them long though - the day turned out cold and we all ended up in jeans and tees with sweaters! My Girl and I decided that the perfect way to dissolve any remaining blues was to head out shopping. To a FABRIC STORE!!!!! My idea of the perfect shopping place - okay, I'll admit it, I'm a little weird when it comes to shopping. We headed to Fayetteville, TN
and hit Sir's Fabrics, an absolutely awesome place.
SIR'S has been in business since 1948 and has three buildings full of fabric, notions and accessories. Located in Fayetteville, Tennessee we are in the heart of the Tennessee Valley surrounded by wonderful places to visit and stay.
Not as great or as much as Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Gastonia, NC my very favorite fabric store. Ever. But Sir's is less than an hour from My Girl's house so it's much quicker to get to.
We really didn't do much else but just enjoy each other. I spent a lot of time out in the yard. Why? Because that is where this little girl wanted to be and her wish is my command.
There is just something about ruffles on a Baby Girlie's bottom. Especially one that is so good at strutting her stuff.
Of course her sisters were hanging around too. Sometimes a little too close as far as she was concerned.
Sometimes it's okay.
Of course Meme could be coerced outside at any time with just this one little "Come On" motion she has learned.
Or this grin she puts on that just says "Look, I know you will do anything I want or I can get away with anything if I just smile like this. Even if I have been eating the blue chalk."
Maybe I'm just a little besotted, because I let her keep the blue chalk.
Then there is the artist that really uses the blue chalk.
to make drawings of.............HORSIES!
Horsies singing with microphones,
horsies dancing while singing,
or just little horsies on bricks,
Or sometimes just a real cute self portrait. Look out MTZ, here she comes.
To be continued.......................I know you just can't wait.
























LOVE IT! They are just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYou're right. I can't wait!
ReplyDelete