Saturday, May 15, 2010

Just Some Simple Things

Due to some technical difficulties I have been out of touch with the online world.  That's okay, it gave me lots of time to work on the House on the Hill.  And shop.  For exciting stuff like flooring, paint and fabric.  I will get to all of that at some time.  Right now I just want to show you something that I got real excited about.



Yep, cleaning my cabinets.  I realize that that this is a chore that most do not find REAL exciting.  But just imagine not having real cabinets for a very long time.  You reach the point where you are craving the simple little chore of cleaning cabinets.  I promise.  The Little Old House had open shelves on the upper walls and a make shift sort of cabinet on the bottom in the make do, until the real one got built kitchen.  The kitchen that is not going to get built now.  After I cleaned the cabinets,  I did this.  Put things in the cabinets and then SHUT THE DOOR.  All right!



Outside more has been going on.  This is J and M laying out septic lines. Exciting! Okay, so maybe it wasn't that exciting to me. Though J did look very cute being that guy that holds the stick with the numbers on it. 

 

Here's M on the other end.  I probably tried to take this pic 3 or 4 time.  No matter what I did it would not focus.  All I can figure out that it must have been something to do with the shadow and the light. He wouldn't move for me either - imagine that!



Shopping for the House on the Hill has taken most of my time lately.  That and a 3 day visit to the Girlies. I'll share my purchases in a later post.  I got my kitchen floor!  Just no pictures yet.  Can't find my camera - again! Girlies visit will probably be first though.  We had so much fun! 

My other big project for the week?  Giving Tessa her first summer haircut.  It is a major project too! Here is my Tessa Messa in her full winter glory.  Through the winter her hair reaches about 9 inches long.  It takes me at least 2 to 3 days to finish her cut but it usually is a week before she's done.  A bath has to happen before she gets clipped  and sometimes it take M a few days to get that done. 


Here is a foot before trim, is it any wonder J thinks she should have been name Chewie?


I'll show you what I did to this pretty girl in another post.  She looks quite a bit different now and let me tell you, in our 90+ weather we are having she is one happy dog too!

We're just a workin' and a workin' on the House on the Hill and loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment