For the kitchen/family room, baths, hall and foyer I finally decided to go with ceramic tile. They are easy to clean, fairly easy to DIY and there is a huge amount of them on the market. The more on the market, the less pricey they will be and the more likely to find a good bargain. I bought a bunch of single tiles and leaned them against the wall under the big windows in the family room. All of them dark. Any one of them would have done and I was trying to make a decision.
But there were others things to be done. I went to a Lowe's in Georgia to get plumbing stuff (I could dedicate a whole post to plumbing but why?) and just took a quick run through the tile aisles to see what they had. I got stopped cold. They had a tile I really liked. Not a dark tile, but a very pretty tile. On Close Out. Tile that had been almost 2.00 a suare foot marked down to .55 a square foot.
But I needed 50 boxes at least. They were on the floor under shelves and I couldn't see how many there were. I asked for help and that's how I met Marshall. Marshall is a young man that could crawl under the shelves and count the tile boxes for me. He even went through the open boxes and took out the broken tiles and repackaged the boxes, cutting himself while doing so. But there were only 22 boxes. Anyone shopping for a bargain flooring needs to meet Marshall. He got on the phone and found me the rest of the tile. Took him over an hour. He smiled the whole time. I got a great buy on a tile I love for about a quarter of the cost and met a young man that believed in doing a job very well. While making you smile. Thank you, Marshall.
And the color blends very well with my red dirt too.
I have 2 of these chairs. I've had them forever. They lived in my house and then they lived in My Girl's house. Now they are at the House on the Hill.
But they are kind of sad looking now. Since they are loose pillows I decided slipcovers would be easy. It takes approximately 6 yards to do a slipcover for a chair this size so I needed 12 yards. Fabric prices can be astonomical. I was kind of dreading spending the money even if it was on fabric. But just look how sad they are. It has to be done. I am so glad My Girl found Sir's Fabrics! We found this fabric there.
It's cotton with a linen weave. Very, very pretty. The background is a natural linen color, the leaves are touched with the mossy green color I want on the walls
and it has a few other soft colors in it too. It's very muted and serene and I love it.
But best of all, it was on a clearance rack for 2.99 a yard and they had a 20% sale that day. It ended up being 2.39 a yard, another great buy! I can't wait to get the sewing room set up, I've been away from my machines too long.







No comments:
Post a Comment