Friday, August 3, 2012

Memories

I've been attempting to write a post for more days than I care to think about.  For some reason I am brain dead as soon as I sit down in front of the keyboard.  Right now it's happening again.  Let me get this out so that maybe my brain will begin to function properly again.  Warning to fam -  tear zone ahead

Yesterday was my parents 70th Wedding Anniversary and my beautiful daughter posted this photo of them with my Girlies over at TLYH.   This picture is such a treasure to me that I had to share.


I love this photo for several reasons.

I love it because it is a reminder of a special time. Rae and I had taken the Girlies to IL for a visit so my parents could see them but especially our baby Girlie.  It was in mid September and  Juju was almost 7 months old.  It was a joy to see my parents faces light up when they saw my Girlies. Mother kept telling me that Juju was a beautiful Byrd baby and Pop called her Princess Juliana.  So it is a reminder of that precious visit.

I love it because it is such a beautiful photo of all of them.  Just look at my baby Girlie's little feet being held in my daddy's big hands.  Just look at my big Girlies snuggled up to Grandma with Eve in her usual spot under Grandma's arm as close as she could get.  Just look at my beautiful Mother and then just look at my beautiful Rosie with her Grandma's cheeks, sweet little nose and beautiful smile.   Just look at my smiling Pop, so happy to have us all around him.

I love this photo because we have it.  I had been wanting a picture of my Girlies with their great-grandparents forever, but it just never happened.  This day I forced the issue and I will be forever grateful that I did.  A few weeks later Mother was gone and we never saw Daddy smile like that again.

A bittersweet but precious photo for a bittersweet but precious day.  Mother and Pop, thank you for loving each other.  And thank you for giving me all that you were so that I can be all that I am now.



2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!
    The best money we ever spent on plane tickets was when Charlotte was 3mos. old to take her to Buffalo to meet my Grandma Schihl (I had shingles on that trip). Grandma's thoughts had been trapped within her for years, but she held her and got out the word 'Baby'...I will never forget that for as long as I live! My folks were there that weekend too, so we have a pic of my Dad, Grandma, Charlotte, & I.
    I am so glad that Grandma had the chance to meet at least one of her Great-Grandchildren - Charlotte was Great-Grandchild #2. I know deep down it meant the world to her:) Charlotte & I both share my Grandma's middle name, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, What a wonderful memory! My mother loved roses and used a rose scented lotion. Roses are Grandma to Rae and Rosie's name was in honor of her.

      Delete