Thursday, March 17, 2011

Amazing Little Pill & My Laundry Room

Last year about this time, I had to go to the doctor and have some tests run.  One of the results that came back was that I was extremely low in Vitamin D.  I had no idea.  I was given a prescription for a megadose, 50,000 units to be taken once a week for 8 weeks and then every other week after that.  In addition I was to take the daily recommended 600 units with a calcium supplement.

I did that faithfully until the last few months.  I had been feeling so good that I have to admit I started slacking.  Not deliberately though.  A few weeks ago I noticed that I was again feeling tired all the time and my bones had started feeling achey and I thought maybe I was going to have to go back to the doctor and have some other meds that I am on adjusted.  Then M asked me if I had been taking my vitamins like I was supposed to.  Made me realize that, um, no I hadn't.  I had not refilled my megadose prescription for a couple of months and had been out of my OTC supplement for about the same amount of time.  Hadn't even really registered in this so not into thinking about vitamin/health stuff brain of mine.  I had to check the label on the bottle to see when I had it filled last!  So last Friday I visited my drugstore and got my OTC supplement and my pretty little Vitamin D megadose pill.


I took the megadose on Saturday (which I do so I can remember when to take it) and have been faithfully taking my daily supplement which is VERY LARGE every day since.  The difference in the way I feel is amazing!  The always tired feeling and achey bones are gone.  I even feel happier!  Maybe I really oughta listen to that guy I'm paying huge sums of money to.

Monday morning I had so much energy that I decided to do something with my laundry room.

This actually makes it look worse than it was!  There were
 2 shelves hanging on the wall to the right of the washer, all
this stuff was on them and in and on top of the cupboard. I
never thought about a pic til after I began clearing stuff out!
But this way you can see what I mean by catchall!






















This has been driving me absolutely nuts!  The laundry room is so tiny and it has become the catchall for everything and anything.

I haven't finished the small bathroom, waiting on M to do a couple of things or the guest bedroom because I can't find bedding I like but both are very useable and very close to being done.  I can't really do anything more in them until the aforementioned items are taken care of.  The kitchen is started but M is repairing the ceiling and nothing can be done in there till that is finished. 

So in the midst of all this chaos I decided to start more!  On the up side, this is a space I can do completely on my own.  By yesterday afternoon I had so much done!


I scraped the popcorn off the ceiling,

oops, I see a spot I missed

patched the drywall and then sanded it.

Bottom right hand corner is the back of the freezer.
Remember the front half is in the pantry?

Today I start painting.  I'll keep you posted because I have some great ideas for the cabinets and the back of the freezer and the wall above it and the light..............

And I am NOT going to forget my Vitamin D again!

1 comment:

  1. Please remember to take that pill! You need to keep your energy and your strength up. I can hardly wait to see what you are doing. I love ideas! Going to Luke's on Saturday to take pics of the kitchen. You will be amazed. Will try to get a post up after that.

    ReplyDelete