Lovin' the door right off the kitchen.
Lovin' the easy access to the freezer.
Lovin' the shelves.
Lovin' the empty spot at the end wall that I left for cleaning stuff and my step stool.
Not lovin' the old flooring but I've decided I want to put black and white check vinyl in there. Just have to go find some!
As soon as I could, I started putting things away. I think that is probably going to be an ongoing process for awhile. At least until the kitchen is finished and we are totally unpacked. But for now, here is the way it's looking. Lovin' it bunches!
On the back wall I put shelves closer together for my canned goods so that I didn't have to stack them. I can see what I have at a glance now and what I need. It's wonderful.
Underneath the can shelves I left a space for my little stepstool that I got for Mother's Day. It fits perfect but it's in use elsewhere right now. Next to that I left space for something to hang things on; the broom, aprons, etc. I just have not found what I want yet. I may have my neighbor J, the Blacksmith make me something. The vacuum cleaner also fits in the corner next to the freeze, totally out of site!
I got these baskets at the Dollar store, they're perfect for my produce, package mixes and stuff like that. I need to get 5 or 6 more though.
I ordered 1/2 gallon Ball canning jars for a lot of my staples through My Girl's co-op. But I wish had ordered more. I'm going to have to try to find them somewhere because they are perfect for pantry storage. Hobby Lobby had some gallon size, I may get a couple of those too.
When you live in the deep woods, it is important to have everything in glass or plastic. There's a world of critters out there. It's probably ridiculous that I painted my lids black. But hey, it makes me feel good! Someday I will have black vinyl labels on them too!
These are food grade storage containers for my bulk stuff, like sugar, flour etc. They need labels too, white ones though.
The deep shelves on the freezer wall are great for storing plastics, paper towel, doggie supplies
and the up high shelves are perfect for storing seldom used stuff like Christmas dishes and the inherited roasters.
There are still somethings I want to do in here, like the floor, labels etc. But for right now, it's great! THANKS Uncle Bee-ull!
K, here are a couple of sneek peeks at what I've been doing in the sewing room. I think you will figure out what they are.
This little girl is sitting on a shelf in there and will eventually be joined by the bookend ones that my Pop got for me. (they are packed in a box somewhere) Not quite Chloe but close enough and they make me smile and think of him.
I got the scented candle along with another one for a buck a piece off of a clearance rack; they make my whole room smell like roses. I made them little covers with some of the paper we bought on our trip to Hobby Lobby and the base is a scrap of 1x4 that I painted black and then polka dotted with a pencil eraser. I'm having so much fun creating my room to create in!
Hope you liked my pantry and I hope I get more of the sewing room up this week!
















The 1/2 gal ball jars are awesome! I want some, and some 1 gal too!! I will need to find out more about those...can't wait to get the new house!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THE PANTRY!!! And the black and white check floor will be awesome! Can't wait to see a pic of it all done!
ReplyDelete