Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Purpose of Life

Warning, this has way too many photos in it for any reasonable post.  But this is a rather emotional, happy day for me so I see no need to be reasonable.  And after all, this is my blog so I can.

Eight years ago today GrandGirlie#1 was born.  When they placed her in my arms that day I was flooded with emotion and new knowledge.


I finally knew what the real purpose of my life was.  I thought I already knew because I had a similar intense feeling when my children were born.  I didn't realize they were just preparing me for the true purpose of my life.  To be a grandmother.





This is a child of sparkling joy,




of immeasurable sweetness










of contagious laughter





of a beauty that shines from within,









with huge doses of of creativity, imagination, determination












and unrelenting passion.  Especially for horses, anything to do with horses because with her we can never forget horses.  Reminds me of myself at that age.






One of her earliest words was "giddy," her baby name for horsey.  Even as a toddler her favorite toys were horses and barns.  That's never changed.
 







Her birth changed me so much; gave me eyes newly filled with awe and wonder.  She blessed my world with joy and laughter.  She made my life beautiful again.  She gave me purpose.  When I needed it the most. 


She made me a grandmother and that says it all.

Happy Birthday, Evelyn Grace!
My Evie G.....Meme loves you very, very, very much.



And her Mama and Daddy had a bit to do with it so......
Thank you Rae and Nate for this day!


100% of the good photos in this post are courtesy of

willingly or not.



4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post and what a beautiful little girl!! Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw - how wonderfully sweet. She is all of those things and so much more. Such a blessing. Hope you are getting to see her soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A happy, happy day for everyone! So wish we lived closer to them so we could get together more often:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post and that little sweet girl!!!

    ReplyDelete