![]() |
| What compels me to buy 6 of something when they are on sale? |
I came home from my shopping trip still wanting pumpkin bread.
An online search found me several good sounding recipes. Which brings forth another unanswerable queston...Why do I own several hundred cookbooks?
The recipe I found was on food.com and I had to use it simply because of it's name. Though she spells her name wrong, just ask GrandGirlie#1.
Mimi's Streusel Top Pumpkin Bread
Bread:
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
4 eggs
1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon clove
Streusel Topping:
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons soft butter
Directions:
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 1/4 hr
1 In a large bowl place the first 5 ingredients (sugar, oil, water, eggs, and pumpkin), and beat one minute on low.
2 Add the next 6 ingredients (flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves).
3 Blend at low speed until moistened and then beat for 1 minute at medium speed.
4 Pour into two greased bread pans.
5 Make the streusel topping by mixing the last 5 ingredients (brown sugar, walnuts, flour, cinnamon, and butter).
6 Put streusel topping on both batters.
7 Bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minute.
This was so easy to make and so much better than the store bought stuff. I didn't have any nuts so I made it without and then mixed up a simple glaze and put it on the top. Because the store bought loaf was glazed and I liked it and it was my kitchen.
The recipe made 2 big loaves, so one went in the freezer along with the rest of the glaze.
It is so easy now to go into the store and buy something yummy. Too easy. In the hustle bustle of everyday life I sometimes forget the simple satisfaction of stepping into the kitchen and making something delicious that makes the house smell wonderful and makes me feel like an I can do anything woman.
Back to reality and what else a can do anything woman does.



That sounds really yummy. Maybe we'll get to break out a loaf in a couple of weeks. (Wishful thinking)
ReplyDeleteI recently had the same thought about my cook books. I probably sent about 20 to goodwill a few weeks ago.
ReplyDelete