Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sort of a Snowy Day

Added at 10:30pm. ~  It continued to snow off and on all day and I contined to enjoy it.  But as evening approached it mixed with rain.  Snow + rain + 20 degrees = ICE!  It's not good to live on a Hill when it's icy.  Just sayin'


It's snowing here today!   In my memory it has never snowed this early in the south.  But of course my memory isn't what it used to be. 

Out my front door!

















If you enlarge the picture you can see the snow blowing across the photo!

I wasn't going to go outside, you know we've stayed in the south for a reason, but I couldn't help myself.






















It's starting to stay on the ground a bit

and on the GrandGirlie's Mr. Frog Sandbox!


The hills are so pretty shrouded in blowing snow!




















The roof of my toasty warm House on the Hill has a little blanket of snow starting on it.






















Of course right after I took this, I made a mad dash to get this southern acclimated body back into that toasty warm house!  Now I'm just enjoying watching the fluffy flakes still coming down outside my window and listening to Christmas music.  I'm finally putting up some Christmas decorations while having a cup of hot chocolate and thinking about family in Illinois where they have some REAL snow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment