I headed North........

to watch the GrandGirlies perform in SHOW DAY! (this is the way it is always said to me) at their Little Gym. No pictures from me for those events however. You ask why? I had to hold onto this little beauty to keep her from joining her sisters in their show,

so the Real Photographer in the family could get Real Pictures. It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it. We did lots of clapping, squirming, cheering and fidgeting all through the shows, it was fun and this was the only picture I got at either event! If you want to see the Real Pictures of her sisters' SHOW DAY! taken by the Real Photographer of the family, you will just have to make a visit to The Little Yellow House. There are lots of Real Pictures over there.
But, before I left for home, we played Beauty Salon. With MeMe as the chief stylist.
I did this

to this
(The above pic is taken by the Real Photographer, not me - see the difference!)
I pulled it back into a low pony tail and whacked 9 inches off. Some of you may understand that when I made that cut, I cried. But it is very cute and super easy to take care of. No more tears, wails and absolute fits at hair brushing/washing time and the tail is supposed to be sent to one of those places that makes wigs for cancer patients.
I also did this
to this
Not quite so dramatic but still quite a bit different. This one was easier, we tend to keep hers shorter because her hair is finer and bedsides, it just looks so dang cute on her with those cheeks!
Of course this one had to get in the chair too! So she got a pretend hair cut and a comb that lasted about 20 seconds and she was DONE, as in Let Me Out Of This Chair. NOW.
(Talk about cheeks! and can you figure out what color those gorgeous eyes are? They're not quite brown, not quite green and too dark for hazel. My best description is a greenish brown)
With SHOW DAY and Beauty Salon all done, MeMe and the big GrandGirlies loaded up the car and went to bed.
The idea was to get up and hit the road EARLY because 2 little girlies were getting to spend the first week of their Summer Vacation at the House on the Hill with MeMe and Papa!
It was still dark when I put them in the car and they were really excited because they got to see Mr.Sunshine wake up just after we headed South.
They were also thrilled to see the clouds sitting low in the hills.
"Look MeMe, there are clouds on the ground!" This came from the child that gave me the gift of never looking at a crescent moon in the same way again. She was this size then.
(I love to steal pics from the Real Photographer)
We were taking an evening walk on the beach in South Carolina under a crescent moon. She said "MeMe, look at Mr. Moon!" I started to explain about the changes of the moon. She stopped me with a sigh and said in a voice still filled with wonder at the magic in the world "Oh no MeMe, he's smiling." Next time you see that thin slice of moon up there, just try NOT to think of a smiling moon. Back to heading south.
In less than a half an hour on the road though, this is what I had in the car with me.

I promise they really were excited about everything. Especially getting to sleep in their new room, even if it hasn't been painted yet. I guess dawn is just not their time of day. Chloe was excited just to be heading South.
Watch for Summer Vacation - part 2 and our trip to the Spa! (At least I know Sister K. can't wait.)
But there may be a post about our best bargain shopping yet or maybe about closets or maybe the guest room. Here's a sneak peek at the guest room, I'm not through decorating (the fun stuff) it yet and I still have to put up the crown moulding (that's a 2 person job, so I wait again - I miss you K.) The color was real tough to capture, it's a very pale, almost sky blue that leans toward lavendar, not green.
If I can just find the darn cable to download the pics of the other stuff. I know it's in one of these boxes waiting to be emptied into just the right spot in the House on the Hill.















No comments:
Post a Comment