Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Resolve

I don't make resolutions for the new year anymore.  I know myself and know that I do not keep them.  I'm also pretty happy with my life as it is to want to change too much.


This year I am going to defy myself and make one.  I am resolving to start writing here again.  I think it would be a healthy thing for me to start physically writing the posts that flow in my head on an almost daily basis.  No, I don't talk to myself.   I do however write in my thoughts.  And edit.  And plot photos to go with that thought writing.

[The door that J built to the first chicken pen he and I put up.  We ran 150' of 6' fencing.  Then I laid 150' of 36" chicken wire at the bottom and hundreds of feet of wire from side to side across the top.  all. by. myself.  I also suspended 8 tarps from the trees around and in the pen.  all. by. myself.  Because we live on the edge of a forest and a red tailed hawk family lives in that forest.  I have not lost a chicken to them yet, but they've tried! And yes, we could conceivably get rid of them.  But I love them too and they were here before the chicks!  I made the grapevine wreath from vines J pulled down from the trees when he was clearing the area for the pens.  all. by. himself.]

Sometimes the photos I plot do not go as planned

[Mater the photo bombing chicken.  She is so curious about the camera and from a bit further away is actually a rather gorgeous chicken!  But she prefers close ups.]
 and sometime they do.

[This is Mellon.  She and Mater are Ancona chickens.  Italian chickens!  But I think they look kind of French.  They are sleek and sassy with very stylish black and white feathering.  And their combs flop over one eye like little red berets!]

[This little girl wanted a photo of herself with her sister riding in the background.  We did it!]

I can not remember a time that I did not write in my head, so I think I always have.  I used to put thoughts on paper and sometime in the 90's that stopped.  And that is another blog post that has been written and rewritten in thought only but I will publish it one day.

My thought writing is about a lot of things.  Things that interest me, or things I am doing,

[An almost finished project for the family room.  Blog post coming.]


 things that trouble me

[These are trees on the slope above our house.  The leaning tree fell and caught in the upper branches of the standing tree.  If had not caught it would have fallen directly on our house.  With the help of Big O the tractor and a very long and very huge wire cable we pulled it away from the house.  We could not wait for anyone to come help because it was actually swaying and moving like it would fall at any minute.  It was scary!.]

and things that I love.

[My first love and my last love.]

Blogging gives me a way to get all these edited paragraphs out of my head.  And I am going to be honest now.  I had 44 posts that I wrote in 2014 and never published. 44 unpublished posts.  44 drafts.  Forty. Four.  Some are even totally complete with photos! And I am not sure why I did not take the time to publish them.

[It might have had something to do with this seemingly never to end project.  It is almost finished now.  It has doors and windows that open and wire mesh on them too.  It also has chickens living in it and laying in those nest boxes you see in the back.  Our little coop we thought would take a month or so to build ended up taking almost 6 months!]

[But it was so worth it because this is what I find every day.]

So this year my plan is to take the time to not only write thoughts down but to  share them here.  I'm trying for twice a week.  I so resolve.  Maybe

1 comment: