Monday, January 12, 2015

My Big Brother

Today is my big brother Steven's birthday.  I had 3 big brothers.
The way it worked in our large family was that the older sibling looked out for the next one and the next one and so on.   So Terry looked out for Danny.   Danny looked out for Stevie while Terry looked out for Danny and Stevie.  Then Stevie looked out for me.  While Danny looked out for Stevie while Terry looked out for..................you get the idea.  I hope.

Danny, Kathy and Stevie.
So it was Stevie's job to hold onto me.  While being watched by Danny,  while Terry watched........again you get the idea.  I hope.
He held my hand a lot when we were growing up.  He was always there when I needed him.  And by the way in the next photos, he's no longer Stevie.  He's Steven.  
U.S. Space and Rocket Center, Huntsville, AL  1985
 

   Steven's not with me anymore and I still miss him every day.  But especially today.

Happy Birthday Big Brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment