Monday, December 9, 2013

Out on a Limb

Sometimes I think my father's sense of humor is taking me over.

Just a few quick photos of some things I've been working on.  Including the island legs - hence the corny title.

The legs are just 4x4 posts that I am trimming out to make them look like legs.  I priced out chunky legs to buy and they were way out of my price range.  So I do it myself again.  The 4x4s were finally cut to length this weekend and the feet attached.  This is what I've been working on with them in my spare time since then.



 There is a difference in the two photos.  The spacing is different at the lower portion.  I'm still trying to decide which I like best.  Number 2 is winning right now.  

The fireplace has been getting most of my attention.  Well, that and painting walls. Here is the fireplace as it was on Thanksgiving.


Today we've been working on crown molding.  At the ceiling line and at the bottom of the upper box.  That part is finished on the right side. I've also finished the returns on all the corners.  A tedious, time consuming job that falls strictly to me.  


We had put together corbels out of pieces from Home Depot and Lowe's.  I didn't like them and then I found these at a thrift store.


I snatched them up when I turned them over.


Yep, got me some corbels for 3 bucks!  Now to put them on!

I'm posting this totally unedited for my sick at home sister.  I'm working on a post about some of the details in my kitchen and I'll try to get it up tomorrow....just in case!  Feel better K!

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good sissy ! Hope you feel better, Karen . Everything looks so beautiful ! Uh? Whose feet (toes) are those sticking out on the step of what appears to be a ladder?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete