The day after My Girl was born, my big brother Steven called me and sang Happy Birthday to himself and thanked me for the best birthday present he'd ever gotten.
In honor of this day I thought I'd make chicken enchiladas. Steven's Chicken Enchiladas. They were my favorite thing that he made. I also pretended like he was sitting in my kitchen telling me how to do it. Maybe weird, but it made me feel better. Besides, nobody could do them like he did. Right?
Steven's Chicken Enchiladas
1 1/2 c. cooked and boned chicken
1/4 c. chopped green chilies
1/4 c. chopped green onions1 can cream of chicken soup
1 - 16 oz. sour cream
1 - 8 oz. sour cream
1/2 c. milk
1 - 16 oz. pkg. grated cheddar cheese
8 - 10 flour tortillas
Combine chicken, chiles, onions, 3/4 can of soup and 16 oz. of sour cream. Blend in 1 c. cheese. Fill tortillas, roll and place in baking dish. Combine 8 oz. sour cream, remaining soup and milk; pour over enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 325 for 35 minutes. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.
These are so good. Of course, anything with that much sour cream in it has to be good. Steven uses to make big panfuls of these when the
Happy Birthday Stevie, I still miss you every day.


Forgot to tell you - I fixed Steve's enchilada recipe for Ari's birthday! :) SO yummy! And, her favorite! She has good taste!
ReplyDeleteSteven would have loved that and it makes me feel pretty good too!
ReplyDelete