After looking through my bird book, I think he must be a warbler of some sort. He was similar in size to a robin or maybe even a blue jay. He made it very hard to concentrate on what I was doing so I just stopped to watch.
He danced from tree to tree
and from branch to branch
as if he was purposely entertaining me.
I think he was really just enjoying the sun on his wings
and the freedom of the gorgeous sky.

He was a gentle reminder for me of just how good life is and how blessed I am to be able to look out at our wonderful world from my Hill.






I have come to love birdwatching. We still have the birdfeeders up in the front yard and Dave and I sit and watch them all the time. We mainly get wrens and housefinces. During the sping we will get the goldfinches. Every now and then we get a pair of cardinals. Last week we had a blue jay, but he was too big for the feeder and kept falling off! He kept trying though.
ReplyDeleteme too! My birdbook is the one we got Mother in 1983 and I have it sitting on the corner of my desk. That window has become perfect for watching them. I think I may put a feeder up out there.
ReplyDelete