Friday, October 29, 2010

Blessings for Halloween

These beautiful flowers and their little gnome gardener are among the greatest blessings in my life.

 
Another blessing that I enjoy is that their Mama allows me to be so involved with their lives.  I got to help create their costumes.


GrandGirlie#2 is a wee bit like her great-grandmother.  She knows exactly what she wants and she will tell you.  Quite emphatically.  She is Rosie and she wanted to be a rose for Halloween.  Not a rose bush, but a long stemmed rose with her head as the rose.  A RED rose.  Do it Mama and Meme, I know you can.  We did.  Isn't she a gorgeous rose. 


Of course there is about 3/4 of a yard of stretched and rolled red polar fleece on her head; accented with sparkly, red tulle.  But she is a rose.  A RED rose.  Her head will be warm anyway.

My Girl dyed their leggings and tees and had planned to make leafy green tutus to wear over them.  But the Boss  Rose said, "Well actually Mama, roses don't wear tutus, I just want to have a stem."  So instead they got leafy ponchos to help keep the stems a bit warm. 

GrandGirlie#1 is easy going, if Rosie wanted to be a flower, she'd be a flower too.  Eve wanted to be a daisy.  A blue daisy.  Until we got to Hobby Lobby and she saw the orange gerber daisies and then she wanted to be an ORANGE daisy.  She is the most beautiful orange daisy I have ever seen and I have to admit, a daisy really suits her personality.  As well as the rose suits Rosie.


Eve measured the ribbon and cut the pieces and helped to make her own head piece.  This Meme was VERY proud of her!

Then there is this little creature.  Julianna Kate.  Best known as JuJu, our Little Garden Gnome. Have you ever seen a more adorable Little Garden Gnome?  I haven't.


My heart melts everytime I see her.  One crook of her little finger and I do whatever her little heart desires.  Her costume is totally her Mama's creation, I didn't even get to see it until these pictures were posted at The Little Yellow House.  Except, I do see a skirt I made for GrandGirlie#1. (quite a few years ago) It's being used as a petticoat peeking out from under The Little Gnome's dress.  I voted for a red hat but Mama was trying to use what they had and they had a yellow hat.  I've heard though that after these pictures, it was decided that a red hat WAS needed for the real event.  So Mama used the rest of the red polar fleece to make one.  Our Little Garden Gnome will be wearing a very cute RED gnome hat for Halloween.  She loves it too, she told me so.  I can't wait to see it.

Please forgive me that these are the same pictures from over at  The Little Yellow House  but my camera is still not communicating with my computer so I am having to use My Girl's pics.  Sadly, we did not take any pictures of the costumes being made, never thought about it.  I really regret that.  GrandGirlie#1 was so serious about her part and GrandGirlie#2 was quite the good boss!  It was also quite interesting for me to work on something with a Gnome on my lap.  Just wanted to share a bit of the how and why and to say that this year, there is really quite a bit of the Girlie's personalities in their costumes.  They are all three just so unique; it's such a joy!

Blessing to everyone on this Halloween Holiday!










No comments:

Post a Comment