Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Vacation part 2

This was the GrandGirlies first sleep over visit to MeMe and Papa's House on the Hill and we were all a little excited. We decided to not do a whole lot. Kind of laze around and just enjoy the beautiful, sunny, summer weather. This is written with more than a little sarcasm because it proceeded to rain every morning with the temperatures in the 90's.  So, we laughed at the rain, decided to treat ourselves special and pretended it was a trip to a spa. The isolated, exclusive Forest Spa. The Girlies with their usual enthusiasm towards life totally enjoyed it.    

Anyone for a Mud Pack?



(this is actually a Love Mud Pie, made just for MeMe)




Or perhaps, enjoy the Mud Baths instead?




 




Or possibly the newest trend in the beautiful Appalachian Foothills, Mud Aerobics?



 

 



The first day I "let" them do this, it never occurred to me that we did not have the outdoor faucet installed yet.  You know to hook a hose up to.  Of course, I didn't know I "let" them do it until after the mud was all over them.  I have to admit if they had asked first, the end results would have been the same.  They had so much fun.  Clean up was interesting though.  I had them strip off on the steps outside and used this method.



This involved lots of screaming, squealing, wiggling and jumping while standing on concrete block steps and MeMe running back and forth to the kitchen to fill the bucket. The end result was 2 DRIPPING WET, muddy little girls that had to walk through the house.  It was a little too much  for me.  They solved the problem of clean up themselves on the second day.  They showed up at the front door with legs that had been in this. 


They had to go potty.  I kind of jokingly muttered something about "using the forest full of like a gajillion trees" and went to get the bucket.  Of course, I had to find it first and then just as I started to fill it,  M came to the door and said "honey, you might want to check this out and bring your camera."  I stepped outside and heard little Girlie giggles coming from behind Big Orange and realized they had taken my joking remark seriously. 

 

Hmmmm, something seemed odd.  So I walked around the tractor to confirm my suspicions and found
this.

Yep, as they say around her, two nekked girlies.  Sooooo, we just wiped off feet, left the almost dried mud in place and marched into the house to the shower.  They were all ready for it anyway. Right?


YUCK!

After all that hard excersize and cleaning up, they were ready for a snack.  I believe their mother mentioned over at the Little Yellow House something about MeMe's nutrional snacks.

 




We had lots fun in the mud and of course spent time at the stable, 

(photos courtesy of GrandGirlie#1 - does that surprise anyone?)


and at the movies with Papa.



Before we knew it, our week was over.  I can not believe how fast the time went! Early Friday morning, we drove to the town of Guntersville.  It sits on the side of Lake Guntersville


and is in the Tennessee River Valley. 



 It's a gorgeous place with lots of little shops and neat places to eat.  It's a little further than half way for me but it is a fun place to meet My Girl and the Baby GrandGirlie.  We were meeting for breakfast and My Girl and I thought we would try one of those cute little places.  Of course, by popular demand we decided on a delightful little spot, you know that one with the big yellow arches.  The one that has the INDOOR PLAYGROUND.  I had them all 3 in this and just as I took the shot Baby GrandGirlie disappeared. 



She's fast.

 

This GrandGirlie says we met for "breaskast".   She's working on correcting that, I will miss that babyism when it's gone.  I still miss "geen" as in "I wike geen MeMe."  (you know, her favorite color)  

 

When I got home, silence filled the House on the Hill. I grabbed a book and a cold drink and I did enjoy it.  But, I kept thinking I heard giggles coming from somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment